IMPORTANT It is always recommended to pay attention to the values that compose the margins and results. In case the report shows negative or zeroed margins, or even when margins are too high, it may indicate some data are missing. In case this happens, please, check if:
- The contract value is correctly informed: this is important to calculate the gross profit, comparing with the costs. It is possible to fill in this information during the contract creation.
- The work rates table for the team member is filled: the costs for every worklog entered are only calculated in case the work rates are informed. This will also impact the gross margin calculations.
- There are worklogs entered for that period: the work rates will be calculated based on the worklogs entered by the team members. Check if there are worklogs entered until the date the report is requested for.
- Revenues and Costs are correctly entered for the contracts: make sure all values that compose revenues and costs are correctly informed. These values are used to calculate the gross profit and gross margin.
- Revenues: Contract value and Contract Extra Revenues to date
- Costs: Contract Extra Expenses to date and values gathered from Billable and Non-Billable hours, considering the related work rates.